The Peculiarium is perhaps one of the most awesomely bizarre convenience stores I’ve seen. The place if full of unique decor and props–everything from bigfoot to alien autopsies. I talked to the person working (who was very friendly) and she said that most of them are homemade. Since opening and using homemade props, they now get many random people bringing them stuff to put in the store. Here are some pictures I took in the store.
There is an incandescent lightbulb, which is currently turned off in an upstairs room. You are downstairs, standing next to a panel of three light switches (all of them in the off position). One of them controls the lightbulb. The other two don’t do anything. You must figure out which switch controls the bulb, with some restrictions.
1) You can do whatever you want to the lightswitches, as long as it’s either turning them on or turning them off.
2) After fiddling with the lightswitches, you can go upstairs and check the bulb.
3) You cannot see the bulb nor any light shining from it from where you’re initially standing.
4) You cannot make multiple trips up and down the stairs.
5) The lamp is in the ceiling and you don’t have a ladder.
6) You are a mutant with 15-foot-long arms, so #5 is moot.
So, you fiddle with the switches, you walk upstairs and check the bulb, and then you immediately decide which switch controls the bulb.
How do you do it?
First, I’ve finally moved my blog to wordpress. I’ll be working on more changes in the future. For my first post on the new blog, I’ve decided to share one of my favorite images of all time. Enjoy!